It is actually very challenging to keep the double-coated dog properly groomed. Tangles and mats in your dog’s fur cause a painful pull on their skin. This makes properly brushing their coat an important part of canine maintenance. Along with improving the blood circulation, brushing your dog will help in eliminating the tangles and will keep your pooch coat looking vibrant and beautiful.
Proper brushing will lubricate your furry friend’s skin by activating their natural oils and prevent shedding of their hair on the mat, furniture, and anywhere on the floor.
Selecting the best brush for a double-coated dog is not left-handed work. There is a need to invest some effort and choose the best brushes to ensure your dog’s coat stays healthy and tangle-free.
Different dogs require different types of brushes. There are mainly four types of brushes:
- Slicker Brushes: They are brushes with fine, short wires on a flat surface. They are helpful for medium to long-haired or curly-haired dogs.
- Rakes: These are shaving razor type brush that is specially designed to penetrate the pup’s thick coat and help in removing tangles and dead undercoat near your furry friend’s skin.
- Bristle Brushes: These brushes are specially designed for dogs with short hair and smooth coat that sheds frequently. This brush has tightly packed natural bristles that help in removing loose hairs and stimulate the skin.
- Pin Brushes: This is the most used brush but has little benefits for your puppy. They will help in picking up the loose hair before they shed onto your floor, mat, or furniture. They are best used to finish off the grooming process.
Best Brush for Double coated dogs
Here presents you some best brushes for your double-coated dog:
1] Foodie Puppies Imported Dog Plastic Slicker Brush with press key
- It is one of the best brush for your double-coated dog. This brush includes soft pins that will make grooming easier for your little buddy.
- This brush is ideal for detangling and removing undercoat. The soft pins on the brush are gentle on delicate skin.
- It is a handy brush that cleans the outer coat and removes shedding the undercoat.
- It also has a feature to dander push button and retractable brush plate that allows easy removal of shed hairs.
- This auto-cleaning pet hairbrush will make your pet happy and healthier.
2] Paws for A Cause self Cleaning Hair fall control Slicker brush
- This is another best brush for a double-coated dog. This brush is ideal for a dog with a double coat. This brush solves the problem of brushing the dog with a double coat.
- This PFAC self-cleaning slicker brush is intelligently designed with pin-like teeth that are helpful in grooming even the worst matted, tangled, and knotted hairs with ease.
- This brush is provided with a button that makes the pin recede into the plastic frame and will leave you with a ball of loose hairs in your hands. This will prevent the shedding of loose hairs anywhere on the floor.
3] Wahl Undercoat Rake
- This great brush will keep your double-coated pet well-groomed and will help it preserve its cleanliness, and soft look. This brush will also be crucial in maintaining the health of your pooch skin and coat.
- This brush is not good only for detangling the hairs, but will also help in getting shed under control. This brush is dashed with the 20 teeth that will help in capturing more of the loose undercoat and will leave the puppy with a healthy shiny topcoat.
- This brush is specially designed to eliminate the hairs in a minute. Just with few strokes and this brush will remove fur. It is a great brush to promote a healthy and lustrous coat. This brush will make your dog look and feel better.
- Get this brush and develop a special bond with your pet!
4] Wahl Dog Brush Double Side, large
- This double-sided brush by Wahl is made from the best quality raw material. These brushes are specially designed to give regular massage to your dog for healthy and glowing skin and coat.
- It is an excellent brush for removing undercoat, loose hairs, and broken hairs. It will help you reduce shedding if used regularly. This brush is for your puppy’s daily cleaning and maintenance. Along with keeping your buddy look shiny and vibrant, it will also effectively increase blood circulation.
- Get this brush now and enjoy bonding with your pup!
5] Pet Vogue- Self Cleaning Slicker Brush with Ergonomic non-slip Handle
- Pet grooming Gently with this removes Tangled Matted fur from double-coated dogs and reduces shedding
- This is a professional-grade brush that will allow you to remove tangles from fur for a healthy show-quality coat gently. This is the most comfortable and effective tool that will painlessly detangle and capture dead undercoat.
- This will activate your puppy’s natural oil glands after removing loose hairs, broken hairs, and other debris. This brush is provided with a retract button option that allows you to remove fur from the brush easily.
- Get this self-cleaning slicker brush and build a great bond with your pup!
The bottom line
So these are the best brushes for your double-coated pet and help to develop a great bond with your pup!